Wednesday, September 2, 2009

In Memoriam: Alexis Tioseco (1981-2009)


Alexis Tioseco and Nika Bohinc

"The more films I saw, specifically local independent films, the more I wanted to see. The deeper I got, the more responsibility I felt, the stronger the need to do something, to share that which I found beautiful. Writing in English, I never felt much of a need to write about foreign (non-Filipino) movies... It is important for people to write about their own cinemas and not let it be left to those outside to dictate what matters." --Alexis Tioseco

I will miss him.

Related Links:
News: "Fil-Canadian Film Critic, Lover Shot Dead in Quezon City Home"
News: "Robbery Eyed as Motive..."
"The Letter I Would Love To Read To You In Person" By Alexis Tioseco
Criticine Website
alexisTioseco.wordpress.com

Tributes:
Jason Sanders, Filmmaker Magazine
Noel Vera
Oggs Cruz
Richard Bolisay
Wise Kwai
Gabe Klinger, The Auteurs
Limitless Cinema
Prometheus Brown
Quark Henares
Philbert Dy, Philippine Daily Inquirer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i don't personally know them but i remember seeing them both during cinemalaya 2009. they were always together during those screenings and i could see they were very much in love with each other. i am saddened by this news. :-( may their souls rest in peace.